The Upper Sandusky Community Library reopened to the public on May 12.
For the time being, the library will open under new, shortened hours. The library will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. Curbside pickup will be available upon request. Please call the Upper Sandusky Community Library at 419-294-1345 to set up a pickup appointment.
All in-person library programs have been cancelled for the month of May. Meeting rooms can not be reserved for the time being.
The following practices will be put in place at the library:
- Patrons must keep at least six feet away from other people. Hand sanitizer will be available for patron use and the library asks that patrons use it before handling any library materials.
- Library employees will wear face coverings when interacting with the public. Patrons are recommended to wear masks if they are able.
- Daily health assessments will be conducted by employees to self-evaluate if they are fit for duty. Employees will maintain good hygiene at all times, including hand washing and sanitizing, and will clean and sanitize their workplaces throughout the day.
- There will be a limited capacity of patrons allowed in the library in order to comply with social distancing guidelines. Visitors are asked to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes. This includes computer use.
- Materials being returned should be left in the book drop outside or in the book drop at the circulation desk. Materials coming into the library will be quarantined for three days.
- When checking out, patrons will present item barcodes to be scanned by staff.
- Materials will be fine free through June 1. Due dates for items already checked out have been extended to June 1. Anything checked out after the library has reopened will have its regular due date.
- Only three public computers will be available at any time.
- The Heritage and Ellison rooms are available, but will be kept locked. Only one party may be allowed in each room at a time. The library will accept reservation for one-hour use of either room. Staff will wipe equipment after each use.
- If you or someone you live with is sick, please do not come into the library. Curbside pickup can be arranged instead.
More information about COVID-19 and protocols for businesses can be found at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/responsible-restart-ohio/.
For more information relating to the library, please contact the Upper Sandusky Community Library at 419-294-1345.