With Gov. Mike DeWine's mandate Wednesday, masks will be required at the Upper Sandusky Community Library beginning on Friday, July 24.
Gov. DeWine announced the statewide mask mandate would go into effect at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 23 in order to limit the further spread of Covid-19 in Ohio. Due to the fact that the library closes at 6:00, the mask mandate will go into effect when the library opens on Friday.
According to DeWine, all individuals in Ohio must wear facial coverings in public at all times when: at an indoor location that is not a residence; outdoors, but unable to maintain six-foot social distance from people who are not household members; waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, such as a taxi, a car service, or a private car used for ride-sharing. There are exceptions to the mask mandate: children under 10 years of age, persons with a medical condition or disability, and people communicating with someone with a disability.
The Upper Sandusky Community Library is striving to continue to offer services to our patrons. If you can't wear a mask due to a medical condition, please call the library at 419-294-1345 ahead of time to set up curbside pickup. The staff would be happy to bring your materials to you.
If you would like to visit the library but don't have a mask, the library has made masks available at each entrance for you.
The following practices have been in place since the library reopened on May 12:
- Patrons must keep at least six feet away from other people. Hand sanitizer will be available for patron use and the library asks that patrons use it before handling any library materials.
- Library employees will wear face coverings when interacting with the public.
- Daily health assessments will be conducted by employees to self-evaluate if they are fit for duty. Employees will maintain good hygiene at all times, including hand washing and sanitizing, and will clean and sanitize their workplaces throughout the day.
- There will be a limited capacity of patrons allowed in the library in order to comply with social distancing guidelines. Visitors are asked to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes. This includes computer use.
- Materials being returned should be left in the book drop outside or in the book drop at the front desk. Materials coming into the library will be quarantined for four days.
- When checking out, patrons will present item barcodes to be scanned by staff.
- Materials will be fine free through the end of the year.
- Only three public computers will be available at any time.
- The Heritage and Ellison rooms are available, but will be kept locked. Only one party may be allowed in each room at a time. The library will accept reservations for one-hour use of either room. Staff will wipe equipment after each use.
- If you or someone you live with is sick, please do not come into the library. Curbside pickup can be arranged instead.
- All in-person programming at the library has been cancelled. Meeting rooms cannot be reserved.
More information about COVID-19 and protocols in Ohio can be found at https://bit.ly/3jkxPKa. Additional resources are available below.
- See Gov. DeWine's press conference about the mask mandate >> https://youtu.be/bJJPy-8qZhM
- Avoiding Scams - COVID-19 Checklist >> https://bit.ly/30gyljv
- CDC calls on Americans to wear masks to prevent COVID-19 spread (CDC) >> https://bit.ly/30vDap6
- Children and Cloth Face Coverings (Masks) - COVID-19 Checklist >> https://bit.ly/30AGtvj
- Cloth Face Coverings (Masks) COVID-19 Checklist >> https://bit.ly/3jhDzV5
- COVID-19: Myths vs Facts >> https://bit.ly/3eV9uXI
- COVID-19 Checklist for Parents of Teens and Young Adults >> https://bit.ly/3eYtkBG
- For Families and Individuals >> https://bit.ly/2B4UxVc
- How to Protect Yourself and Others >> https://bit.ly/2DQfX9F
- Stress and Coping >> https://bit.ly/393V5r9
- Top 5 Ways To Disinfect When Everyday Supplies Run Out >> https://bit.ly/3fSghTf
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 (CDC) >> https://bit.ly/2CEGtlZ
For more information relating to the library, please contact the Upper Sandusky Community Library at 419-294-1345.